RARA-AVIS: Hard-Boiled Lesbians

From: Reed Andrus ( rsandrus@swbell.net)
Date: 09 Aug 2003

I can put in a plug for Nicola Griffith's The Blue Place and Stay, featuring Norwegian-American Aud Torgvingen as an ex-cop turned free-lance expediter/bodyguard. The first book has a better storyline, the latter is thinner, but carried by force of writing. Griffith has won some awards for lesbian science fiction, but these two are definitely in the right genre for this group.

... Reed