Re: RARA-AVIS: "Persons of The, Ahem, Hansen/Brandstetter Nava/Rios Sort"

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 06 Aug 2003

Chris, I don't see any reason to subdivide the sexes further. Brandstetter is a man. How he likes to have sex tells me nothing about what he thinks of women or how he relates to them. It tells me even less about the author's view of men cum/versus women. Brandstetter's actions can inform the reader on those views, but not the fact that he engages in certain acts.

By the way, I don't think he belongs to any "sort". I deny that that sort, or the so-called "hetero" sort, is a sort. I see only acts. This is arguable and has been argued to death from every viewpoint imaginable, but it's way off topic and I don't have much to say except that it's a political issue of the modern age. It's a hot issue right now...

By the second way, I'm a fan of the Brandstetter series. It's strong, realistic and rereadable, despite the unglamorous protagonist. This PI series and its author deserve to be better known.

I am going to check out Nava in the library. I had read about this PI series but I never did pick it up.

Best,

MrT