Re: RARA-AVIS: RE:God is a Bullet: Another Opinion

From: jumblejim ( jumblejim@prodigy.net)
Date: 28 May 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robison Michael R CNIN" < Robison_M@crane.navy.mil> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 1:29 PM Subject: RE: RARA-AVIS: RE:God is a Bullet: Another Opinion

> Mario Taboada wrote:
>
> What I recall about GiaB is that, while overdone, it
> nevertheless held my attention. It has strong characters,
> good bones.
>
> ********
> I thought that the outrageous use of simile and metaphor,
> coupled with his twisting of the language (turning nouns
> and adjectives into verbs, for example), to be done on
> purpose to lighten it up a bit and add some literary humor
> to the dark content. I thought his choice of names for the
> protagonists, Bob Hightower and Case Hardin, was wickedly
> funny.

I haven't read the book, but "Bob Hightower" is also the name of John Wayne's character in John Ford's THREE GODFATHERS. There, he's a likable outlaw.

Jim Beaver