RE: RARA-AVIS: RE:God is a Bullet: Another Opinion

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 28 May 2003

Mario Taboada wrote:

What I recall about GiaB is that, while overdone, it nevertheless held my attention. It has strong characters, good bones.

******** I thought that the outrageous use of simile and metaphor, coupled with his twisting of the language (turning nouns and adjectives into verbs, for example), to be done on purpose to lighten it up a bit and add some literary humor to the dark content. I thought his choice of names for the protagonists, Bob Hightower and Case Hardin, was wickedly funny.

Teran had some cajones to write a book like this. The violence level tops out way over what Spillane was condemned for, in an Amazon review a guy who was so indignant over his twisting of the language that he refused to read past the second page, and a lot of people saw the characters as little more than cardboard stereotypes.

miker