Re: RARA-AVIS: Kent Harrington

From: Ron Clinton ( clinton65@att.net)
Date: 06 May 2003

From: "William Denton" < buff@pobox.com>
> For one of my 1990s books I'm reading DIA DE LOS MUERTOS by Kent
> Harrington. What's the scoop on him? I see he's written three (or four?)
> other books, all apparently quite different. Are they all as good as
> this?

I can't attest to all the others, but I've read DARK RIDE, which was his initial foray into the noir genre that had a distinct James Cain vibe to it
(well, except for the S&M bent...), and it was a fantastic read, absolutely great. I'm about halfway through DIA DE LOS MUERTOS (another noir'ish title) and, like you, am enjoying that one a great deal as well. I have TATTOOED MUSE, his Hitchcockian thriller, somewhere in the mail to me. That leaves AMERICAN BOYS, his espionage novel, still on my to-get list. So while my exposure to him is still relatively recent and new, he certainly seems like the Real Deal to me. Good stuff.

Ron Clinton