RARA-AVIS: manchette and cook

From: Gary ( piesbook@execpc.com)
Date: 23 Nov 2002

> Three To Kill by Jean-Patrick Manchette: Wow. This French novel written in
the 70s but recently translated to English is fantastic.

I am glad to hear this. I just checked this book out of our library and have it on the TBR pile. I shall report later.

> The Interrogation by Thomas H. Cook: Cook raised the bar so high with
Breakheart Hill, that it's difficult not to be a tad dissapointed by each successive effort.

Our mystery book discussion at the library just read Breakheart Hill and we were overwhelmed. What a great book. The ending may be what people talk about, but the path to the finish is worth the trip. What a talented writer. Anyone who needs to know more may want to follow the series of articles that Sue Feder has done in the last few issues of Deadly Pleasures. I know I am going to at least read the Edgar winner, Chatham School Affair.

Best, GWN Gary Warren Niebuhr P. O. Box 341218 Milwaukee, WI 53234 piesbook@execpc.com http://my.execpc.com/~piesbook/piescatalog.html