RARA-AVIS: Gold Medal question

From: Mbdlevin@aol.com
Date: 03 Aug 2002

The answer to this question is surely on some website, but I thought I'd ask and maybe Bill Crider or James Reasoner or another could tell us what they know:

What's the history and current status of Gold Medal? It seemed to me that for a while there were Fawcett-Gold Medal books that weren't yellow and didn't have the medal on them. Seemed too that the publisher was in Greenwich, Connecticut, for a while. Is it now just a defunct brand of Bertlesmann or some such?

Doug