Re: RARA-AVIS: Used Book Loot

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 27 Jul 2002

Manuel:

Those books are all good. I suggest _The Concrete Blonde_ for the terrific suspense and the journalistic skill of Michael Connelly. His Bosch series reached a peak with this book.

What's sad about these sales is that often the library no longer carries those books. Sometimes they get rid of *all* their books by an author. I saw that happen with Ross Thomas's books at a library sale in the midwest. I bought every Thomas title they had for sale, ended up with 3/4 of all Thomas's titles for $7, and confirmed that something is wrong with the appreciation and preservation of culture in this country.

At another library sale, they were getting rid of the Andr銊Malraux books. I thought it was a scandal and complained. They said that those books hadn't been checked out for years.

The good thing is when books end up in the hands of people who actually want to read them.

Best regards,

MrT

=====
"The skill of man is unequal to the formation of a new man from old materials, but the battered tenement may, with care, be long sustained by props" -- From Becklard's Physiology.