Re: RARA-AVIS: Matheson

From: Etienne Borgers ( wbac1203@wanadoo.be)
Date: 06 Jul 2002

I AM A LEGEND is a superb SF novel, a classic in fact. It's also a real noir novel by many aspects.

Matheson wrote crime/mystery novels indeed, and his best is SOMEONE IS BLEEDING On the other hand RIDE THE NIGHTMARE is not special, except for Matheson's writing. I didn't read FURY ON SUNDAY.

Matheson wrote many scenarios for films and TV series. On TV some of his scripts contributed to TWILIGHT ZONE's fame. Spielbeg's DUEL, made first as film for TV, was based on a script by Matheson.

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384