Re: RARA-AVIS: Brit Noir - GBH by Ted Lewis

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 12 Jun 2002

I really liked GBH, also. My US paperback is titled Grievous Bodily Harm, though. I guess they thought we Amuricans wouldn't know what the initials stood for (and they were probably right, at least of non punk fans).

Jack Carter and the Mafia Pigeon is on the level of Jack Carter's Law, a fun prequel, but nothing more. I keep meaning to go back and read those three again because I had the nagging impression that there is no possible order in which they all work, with each book containing at least one character who didn't survive one of the others.

I have also read his Billy Rags, a prison break book that made me think of Eddie Bunker (or a Brit version).

I have, but have not read Plender, Boldt and his first, non-crime novel, All the Way Home and All the Night Through. I don't have Rabbit.

Mark