RARA-AVIS: Proofing

From: David Honeybone ( editor@crimefactory.net)
Date: 17 Apr 2002

re. Rene's comments I wonder whether the drop in quality is due to an increase in screen proofing rather than the traditional and, in my view, far more satisfactory hard copy proofreading? The Australian edition of Ian Rankin's Resurrection Men (Orion), has a factual error on the back page blurb. I noticed this on an advance, supposedly unproofed copy, and there it was again on the real thing 1 month later.... David