Re: RARA-AVIS: Elmore Leonard

From: John Williams ( johnwilliams@ntlworld.com)
Date: 23 Jan 2002

> I need some help from all of you who are Leonard fans. He is a writer I
like
> very much, but I haven't read all of his books. I know he had a Florida
> period in the 80s, perhaps even slopping over to the early 90s. But didn't
he
> then return to Detroit? Or somewhere else?

Leonard left Florida behind for a while after LaBrava (1984ish) went to Atlantic City for Glitz, New Orleans for Bandits, back to Detroit for Freaky Deaky (the last great Leonard IMHO), the books then dotted round the country for a bit before returning to Florida for the mostly disappointing run of Maximum Bob/Rum Punch/Pronto. Not sure where the last few have been set.

John