RARA-AVIS: dress her in indigo

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 04 Jan 2002

hello,

just finished my second jd mcdonald book, _dress her in indigo_. although its hard to beat the ending of _the deep blue goodbye_, i think i liked this one even more. i really didn't like _the deep blue goodbye_ until the end, but _dress her in indigo_ was consistently entertaining. there wasn't as much philosophizing in this one by travis. he had a character called wally that did most of that. wally's ridiculous meanderings almost appeared to parody some of travis's comments from _the deep blue goodbye_.

i guess i'm ready to make a committment... i'm gonna head to the used book store in the next week or so and pick up every jdm i can get my hands on.

i'm close to the finish of willeford's _something about a soldier_, too. just about time to dig into _the machine in ward eleven_. or maybe i'll wander off into science fiction/fantasy land for a while.

miker