RE: RARA-AVIS: dress her in indigo

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 07 Jan 2002

hi doug,

i also thought that for 1969, he presented a fairly even-handed treatment of homosexuality. bruce bundy wasn't exactly an admirable character, but if travis didn't like him, he wasn't specifically targetting his sexual tendencies.

i liked travis's buddy meyers, but it seemed that jdm had difficulty with him. and enelio, the mexican lawyer, was good too. really lotsa good characters in this book. more so than in _deep blue goodbye_.

***************** OT: not a detective novel, but i wanted to mention one of the best books i've ever read. its sort of an obscure title, _a garden of sand_, by earl thompson. its about a boy coming of age during the depression. a host of nasty characters, and some pretty shocking scenes.

miker

--- Robison Michael R CNIN < Robison_M@crane.navy.mil> wrote:
> hello,
>
> just finished my second jd mcdonald book, _dress her
> in indigo_. although
> its hard to beat the ending of _the deep blue
> goodbye_, i think i liked this
> one even more

Haven't posted in quite a while.

Anyhow, this is one of my favorite T McGees, too -- part of the series peak, in my opinion (which runs from A DEADLY SHADE OF GOLD to A TAN AND SANDY SILENCE). McGee's ruminations on the hippie scene and the drug culture are priceless, and there's some good twists and turns in the plot.

doug

=====