RARA-AVIS: Leigh Brackett...

From: r-and-jclinton ( r-and-jclinton@msn.com)
Date: 04 Jan 2002

I just finished THE TIGER AMONG US (Blue Murder UK reprint, 1989 - orig. pub. 1957) by Leigh Brackett and was dazzled by the book...one of the best vigilante/revenge novels I've read in quite some time. Highly recommended.

While I've also read NO GOOD FROM A CORPSE, I'm curious if anyone has read her other mystery, SILENT PARTNER, and if it's worth tracking down. While NO GOOD was firmly entrenched in the Chandler tradition, THE TIGER was a lean, hardboiled classic and quite different from the aforementioned. Is SILENT somewhere in the middle of the two or...? Any plot hints?

Ron Clinton