RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS HB bank robberies

From: Duane Swierczynski ( duane.swier@verizon.net)
Date: 30 Dec 2001

Once again, I slip out of lurkdom to pick the brains of my fellow Rara-Avians. I'm working on a history of bank robbery in America for Alpha Books (titled THIS HERE'S A STICK-UP), and I'm including a short chapter on fiction's preeminent heister, Parker--as well as his lesser-known cousin, Earl Drake.

I'm also putting together a sidebar listing hardboiled books that involve bank heists. Here's what I've come up with so far:

Blood Money, by Dashiell Hammett. The Big Caper, by Lionel White The Getaway, by Jim Thompson The Devil Wears Wings, by Harry Whittington The Out is Death, and One Endless Hour by Dan J. Marlowe Bank Shot, by Donald Westlake (not exactly HB, but I'll take it) Roses are Red, by James Patterson The Judgement of Deke Hunter, by George V. Higgins Out of Sight, by Elmore Leonard

Can anyone recall any others?

Best,

Duane Swierczynski duane.swier@verizon.net