Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS HB bank robberies

From: M Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 30 Dec 2001

Duane Swierczynski

 I'm working on a history of bank robbery in America and I'm including a short chapter on fiction's preeminent > heister, Parker--as well as his lesser-known cousin, Earl Drake.

> Can anyone recall any others?

Duane, Offhand, George V Higgins' first and probably best book, Friends of Eddie Coyle, has a gang pulling off a series of bank robberies. If you want to include Parker's Australian younger brother, Wyatt, how about Gary Disher's Deathdeal? Mark