Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: I can't resist

From: George Upper ( gcupper3@yahoo.com)
Date: 15 Nov 2001

--- Schooley < gsp.schoo@skylinc.net> wrote:
> Admittedly I grew frustrated and stopped reading
> Parker early on. Between
> Spenser and Hawk, I found Hawk much more interesting
> because I always wondered
> where he came from, what made him the man he was.

I was never a big fan of the TV series, but I seem to remember some talk about a spin-off featuring Hawk. Is this a fever dream, or does anyone share this memory with me?

> But I never got that. Just
> more of the same stereotypes. Did he become more
> articulate later in the
> series?

In a word, yes. Starting in A CATSKILL EAGLE, we begin to learn a little more of Hawk's background, especially in HUSH MONEY. Although I don't know that you'll be satisfied with what you read--I wasn't, anyway.

G.

===== George C. Upper III, Editor The Lightning Bell Poetry Journal http://www.lightningbell.org/