Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: I can't resist

From: Ann Chambers Theis ( theisa@co.chesterfield.va.us)
Date: 15 Nov 2001

At 04:41 PM 11/15/01 -0500, you wrote:
>And Kevin, speaking about racial experiences via Bouchercon, it didn't occur
>to me until I got home how few black people I saw at the event. I remember
>Walter Mosely and Gary Phillips among authors. I do not recall any black
>female authors at all. Maybe this is because I'm not as attentive to female
>authors as I should be.

A little off topic since none of these writers are hard boiled - but Chassie West, Paula Woods, Frankie Bailey, Eleanor Taylor Bland, and Grace F. Edwards were scheduled to be at Bouchercon. I didn't see Grace F. Edwards but I spotted West, Woods, Bailey and Bland at various times. Not attending: Charlotte Carter, Ardella Garland, Penny Mickelbury, Barbara Neely, Pamela Thomas-Graham, Valerie Wilson Wesley - among others. The African American Mystery Page lists titles and authors. http://www.aamystery.com/

Overbooked, a resource for ravenous readers - http://www.overbooked.org