Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Recycling

From: George Upper ( gcupper3@yahoo.com)
Date: 10 Jul 2001

--- Graham Powell < bleekerbooks@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Didn't Block cannibalize "By Dawn's Early Light"
> into "When The Sacred
> Ginmill Closes"?

Yes, Block did do that. I don't think, however, that he actually published the short story until after the novel came out. I could be wrong about that, but it seems to me that I read something to that effect in the intro to one of his short story collections.

Incidentally, any fan of HB material who has not read Block is really missing out.

G.