RARA-AVIS: Re: Recycling

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@colba.net)
Date: 10 Jul 2001

Mario wrote:

>I've noticed some recycling, but nothing too scandalous.
>The caveat is that my mind melds all the 87th precinct
>novels into one narrative. That's what makes the series
>great for me.

Oh, I didn't mean it was scandalous, just that I'd noticed some recycling, particularly that "the city is a lady" rap.

All writers recycle, re-tool, revise, cannibalize, whatever. That's normal. It's not like some of those old pulpsters slapping a different title on an old story and re-selling it (or was it the publisher doing it?)

--
Kevin