Re: RARA-AVIS: Steve Fisher - Robert Edmond Alter

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 05 Mar 2001

On Sun, 4 Mar 2001, Etienne Borgers wrote:

[Steve Fisher]
> I anyway do not remember to have read something by
> this author.

Fisher was a prolific pulpster from the thirties on, wrote also for the slick magazines. Loads of screenplays. A USS Navy writer during the war, whatever that means.

> 2/ Robert Edmond Alter
> I bought two novels by this writer published by Black
> Lizard, because of sales in one bookshop I visited.
> 1.5 US$ a piece, new, was certainly not a big risk...
> CARNY KILL
> SWAMP SISTER

I have the latter, but I haven't read it. Alter wrote for Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine, but the two stories I've read weren't particular. Also some children's books. Not the literary critic Robert Alter, as I already began to think.

Juri