RARA-AVIS: Stark's Slayground

From: bearlodge ( bearlodge@email.msn.com)
Date: 20 Nov 2000

Slayground is the first Stark I've read and I can't say that I was overly impressed. I liked it enough to try another some day but not real soon. I liked the setting, Parker and the goods from a robbery trapped in an amusement park but I thought the plot unfolded in a rather pedestrian way.

I'm more intrigued by the enthusiastic recommendations of Harrington's Dark Ride and his later ones. And I have some Jim Sallis that cries to be read.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Eat turkey and read a good book.

Cheers, Frank Denton