Re: RARA-AVIS: New York Graphic

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 29 Apr 2000

I read New York Graphic and enjoyed it, even though it doesn't quite tie together. I really liked the surrealistic/expressionistic depiction of the city and the short news stories interjected betweeen chapters.

However, if you like this, you really should check out Jack O'Connell's books. His are quite amazing constructions, a very surreal take on a very real world. Although there are a couple of overlapping characters, the real protagonist here is the crumbling city of Quinsigamond and the people, ordinary, criminal and cops who inhabit it.

Mark