Re: RARA-AVIS: Re:Hardboiled Music

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 17 Apr 2000

It's cliched as all hell, but one album that strikes me as having that intangible "something" we associate with hb is the Stones's EXILE ON MAIN STREET. They're not often thought of in this way, but I'd also cite Robin Trower's band from the early Seventies and Bad Company, both of which were heavily influenced by Sinatra's pop stylings of the Fifties. The music of both bands is loaded with drama and mood.

At least, it seems so to me.

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com