Re: RARA-AVIS: Red Harvest- abandoned by Bertolucci

From: cooper ( jane@almaludo.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: 04 Apr 2000

Subject: RARA-AVIS: Red Harvest- abandoned by Bertolucci

> Film maker Bernardo Bertolucci, able to do first class
> films (and lower ones...) declared, during an
> interview I red in a French magazine, that he now
> definitely has abandoned the project of filming
> Hammet's "Red Harvest".

Edited from my post of 17.01.00 Re;RED HARVEST... in the GUARDIAN ... there was a snippet re; ALBERTO GRIMALDI, as they put it a"dodgy old Italian producer" who is currently trying to kibosh Scorsese's latest film (GANGS OF NEW YORK)...he also holds the rights to RH, and is therefore blocking BERTOLUCCI'S adaptation. .... Jane