Re: RARA-AVIS: Lynds/Collins/Crowe/Sadler/Arden

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 30 Mar 2000

Jiro Kimura wrote:

> William Arden's Kane Jackson is a Santa Barbara private eye, but he is, in
> fact, an industrial spy who almost always get involved in murder cases.
> This series has 5 novels so far.

Someone told on this list earlier this winter that as Arden Lynds/Collins wrote some Alfred Hitchcock and the three detectives novels. Which ones? Are all the books by Arden also by Lynds or did someone else use the pseudonym also?

By the way, "Act of Fear", Collins's first novel, is outstanding, even though there seems to be no hope in Fortune's wishes for better world. Collins wrote also couple of Nick Carters. I've read one - it was a surprise, since Carter, the killing machine, was like a human being in the book, having friends and all.

Juri jurnum@utu.fi