Re: RARA-AVIS: RE: Golden Spiders and Nikita

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 06 Mar 2000

Couldn't agree more with all of this. Bill Duke always does real good work -- his DEEP COVER is a true sleeper. (Has one of Jeff Goldblum's best performances, if I remember correctly.) Saw THE GOLDEN SPIDERS and enjoyed it immensely -- I had my doubts about Hutton going in, but he managed just the right tone, I think, with Goodwin. Wisecracking but fundamentally decent. I also have always enjoyed the tv series LA FEMME NIKITA when I get a chance to see it. In fact, I think it's one of those very rare times when a TV show actually is better than the original source film. (I recently saw the French film and found it interesting, but frankly rather sluggish and self-consciously "perculiar".)

doug

 Bill

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com