Re: RARA-AVIS: RE: Golden Spiders

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 06 Mar 2000

The Wolfe books are really a blend of the "classic" detective and the PI, with Goodwin doing the legwork and Wolfe sitting around, thinking. Not really hardboiled, sure, but maybe "semi-boiled"? Certainly they tend to appeal to fans of both sub-genres. I never read Stout for the plots, most of which aren't very memorable, but rather for the wisecracking patter and for Wolfe himself, one of the odder figures in popular fiction.

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com