RARA-AVIS: Seventies Crime Movies (was Night Moves)

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 06 Mar 2000

I like a lot of the unpretentious crime/noir movies from the Seventies: Bronson in MR MAJESTYK, HARD TIMES, and even DEATH WISH; ACROSS 110th STREET, my favorite "blaxploitation" movie; WALKING TALL (don't knock it if you haven't seen it); DIRTY HARRY and MAGNUM FORCE. Agree strongly with TAKING OF PELHAM, a favorite genre flick of mine. They really knew how to put together a lean, mean film in those days -- even a piece of junk like WHITE LIGHTNING looks good today.

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com