RARA-AVIS: AAARRRGGHHHH!!!!

Kevin Burton Smith (kvnsmith@colba.net)
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 23:15:38 -0400

Well, this was supposed to be a little of my usual boring BSP about THE THRILLING DETECTIVE WEB SITE, but it's turning into an apology as well.

As more than a few of you have discovered, the site (and the server on which it resides) crashed and burned sometime Saturday, and I've been working on reloading everything ever since. With any luck, it should all be back up by Tuesday. Damn, how'd it get so big, anyway?

I apologize for the disruption. Please feel free to complain loudly to my server at to my server at support@colba.net.

Anyway, when it's back up, and in your face, it should be a pretty good issue. There's the Second Annual Cheap Thrills P.I. Poll, where you're all invited to raise a glass or vent your spleen about the current state of the private eye genre, and to praise or bury this year's crop in literature, film, television, etc.

As well, there's the Annual Christmas List, full of all sorts of suggestions for the Fat Man. Perfect for printing out and leaving somewhere for your sweetie to find.

And Victoria Esposito-Shea, the new fiction editor, and I have been busy shuffling through a slew of submissions, kicking down doors, taking names and hopefully coughing up some goodies very soon.

So come on by. As always, Rara-Avians get in free.

And, and thanks to an early Christmas present, the site will soon be Hubinized for your protection....

And, hey, are we at Digest #1000 yet? Happy birthday, Bill!

Kevin Burton Smith The Thrilling Detective Web Site http://www.colba.net/~kvnsmith/thrillingdetective/ It's Time for the 1999 Cheap Thrills P.I. Poll! Vote now! Vote often!