Re: RARA-AVIS: Uncle Tubby

Juri Nummelin (jurnum@utu.fi)
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 11:12:15 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, James Rogers wrote:

> Very impressive research. Please let us know if you find any of the
> others on your list. Did you happen to notice which magazine(s) Uncle Tubby
> ran in?

Unfortunately not. It just happened that one Uncle Tubby story appeared in Finnish *with an author's name* and so I jumped to a conclusion that all the Tubby stories were written by Cummings. It might be just as possible that Tubby was a house character - written by everyone and sometimes published anonymously. Well, maybe not. It would be nicer to regard Cummings as the creator.

I'll keep informing you about all the other findings, but now it seems that I find only more characters and no authors. Does anyone know Carrhart or Bulldog Ryan or Matt Devon? Anyone?

Juri jurnum@utu.fi