Re: RARA-AVIS: Sensitive detectives

Bruce Townley (btownley@sirius.com)
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 07:44:00 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999 at14:29 Doug Bassett sent: Re: RARA-AVIS: Sensitive detectives

[quoting Brian Lawrence]

>> One more question, and I'll shut up for a while.
>> Does hardboiled have to be a
>> PI story?
>
>No, not at all. Bukowski's stuff, for example, seems
>to me to be very hardboiled and is virtually
>crime-free (unless you consider public intoxication to
>be a crime). William Burroughs first novel, Junky, is
>also a fine hardboiled book.

Ah, two excellent suggestions. Luc Sante's non-fiction work, LOW LIFE, now also strikes me as hardboiled.

Bruce T. = btownley@sirius.com

"Sure I live bad. But at least I don't have to work at it."

-SLACKER