RARA-AVIS: Printing Errors--A&B

Mbdlevin@aol.com
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 12:24:18 EDT

<< Does anyone have any similar tales of woe from Allison & Busby? >>

My Allison & Busby paperback reprint of Ted Lewis' GBH (Grevious Bodily Harm) had two printing errors (I think). Lines of type were repeated and misplaced in paragraphs in which they didn't belong, as I recall. Annoying, but endurable. I guess I'd rather have the stuff printed with errors than not available at all. Perhaps production costs/quality control keep some books from seeing the light. From someone who can compare publishers in different countries, what's A&B's status, reputation? --Doug