Re: RARA-AVIS: Printing Errors--A&B

Juha Lindroos (jl@pp.htv.fi)
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 19:39:06 +0300

> << Does anyone have any similar tales of woe from Allison & Busby? >>

A writer I know had a big heap of troubles with A&B in the mid-80's when they screwed him and several others over. He took them to court because they didn't bother to render accounts nor pay earnings, and won, but they went insolvent before he got his money back. A&B owed various authors
£135,456 according to the official receiver's report.

As to what they are now, who runs the company and how, I've no idea, but sounds to me like it might be for the writers at least a good idea to steer clear...

        .Juha.

Astounding Worlds of Barrington Bayley! http://www.saunalahti.fi/~jtlin/bjb/

"Mystery is the essential element in every work of art."
-Luis Bunuel

email: jl@pp.htv.fi http://www.saunalahti.fi/~jtlin