Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Small Vices

William Denton (buff@pobox.com)
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 12:50:17 -0400 (EDT)

On 19 July 1999, Jerry Buck wrote:

: It was the same with Travis McGee. You usually knew where you were
: going, but the trip was enjoyable and Travis's acerbic observations were
: half the fun.

True enough. I re-read the first McGee a couple of weeks ago and liked it more than I'd thought I would. I'm going to go through the rest again, in order.

: But I don't think Travis's treatment of women as "wounded birds" who
: need his special treatment stands up too well.

That was one of the things that bugged me, and it still does, but I'll just skip over those bits.

Bill