RE: RARA-AVIS: re: Richard Rayner

B. Cox (christoforo@email.msn.com)
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 08:16:41 -0700

Rayner's "The "Blue Suit" was excellent. I don't think it can be considered hardboiled, but it certainly had elements. Also, it comes on strong because it's not just a story, it's his life. And as nice and well adjusted a guy he must be, I don't think I'd want him wandering through my house unattended.

Brad

-----Original Message----- From: owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca [mailto:owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca] On Behalf Of FICTWRI@aol.com Sent: Monday, July 19, 1999 4:05 AM To: rara-avis-digest@icomm.ca Subject: RARA-AVIS: re: Richard Rayner

<<From: "David Hale Smith" I just finished reading Murder Book, by Richard Rayner Apparently author Raynor is British,and the book is his first work of fiction. Anybody out there knowanything more about him or this book?>>

I think Raynor has a memoir titled _The Blue Suit _ ???

Richard Rayner was born in Bradford, England, and now lives in Los Angeles. His previous books include _The Blue Suit_, and the novel _L.A. Without a Map_, which has been made into a movie staring Johnny Depp, James LeGros, and Julie Delpy. He writes for The New York Times, The New Yorker, Granta, Harper's Bazaar, and other publications. Hope that helps --

John Weaver, editor Page One
"Every book begins with page one"

<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/FICTWRI/pageone.html">The official PAGE ONE webpage</A> http://members.aol.com/FICTWRI/pageone.html Page ONE is a Writers Digest top 101 internet site