Re: RARA-AVIS: Jones

Mari Hall (
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 18:51:32 -0500

William G. Buck wrote:
> > Its unfortunate that such a lyrical and complicated creation as Robicheaux
> > should have been represented on screen by a self-absorbed hambone

But it is the "description" that makes the Burke writing so endearing. I think In the Electric Mist with the Confederate Dead could have been called the Book of Colors. And that doesn't transfer well to the screen,

from Mari Hall
Good friends help you move. Really good friends help you move the dead