RE: RARA-AVIS: Jones

Tyler, Tom (Ttyle@herrick.com)
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 11:53:47 -0400

Its unfortunate that such a lyrical and complicated creation as Robicheaux should have been represented on screen by a self-absorbed hambone like Baldwin. Worse, however, would be handing Robicheaux off to Jones, an even more self-absorbed actor who is an uncured, unsalted, 100% straight-from-the-pig's-behind hambone. Someone with a little artistic integrity should play Robicheaux, if he must be played at all.