Re: RARA-AVIS: Rankin or Harvey for Reading List

Mark Sullivan (AnonymeInc@webtv.net)
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 16:48:27 -0400 (EDT)

There is a "first" in Rankin's John Rebus series, Knots and Crosses, which contains a few things that are referred back to in later books -- his brother, the background in whatever the Brit version of Special Services is called, although that seems to be left behind totally a few books in as Rebus's character evolves into something a bit different, but no less good than he is in the first couple. Still, I think Marie is right that little, if anything, is lost if they are not read in order. I've throughly enjoyed the 4 or 5 I've read so far.

Mark

-