Re: RARA-AVIS: John Harvey + Kavanagh suggestion

Mari Hall (found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net)
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 12:18:28 -0600 John Harvey is one of my faves, along with Ian Rankin and Peter
Robinson, he is one of the ones I "forget" was -never- a copper. (do not
lump Insp. Morse with these gentlemen)
Check out his home page at Mellotone (something, sorry I can't find the
URL, but I'm sure some rara-avian can put it out). He's allegedly not
writing any more Charlie Resnick books (start with Lonely Hearts and
read them in order) so he can concentrate on his music. Charlie listens
to Jazz when at home eating his sandwich and feeding his cats and I
wonder if putting a CD with the book (ala Vachss last effort with Safe
House) would not be a good idea?? Hear the music Charlie is hearing.
At Bouchercon in Monteray, we got to see the BBC broadcast version of
Lonely Hearts--and it was a give-away book--and Harvey sat in on it as
he had also done the 'screenplay"
from Mari Hall found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net

#