[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Frank Miller's Sin City

Richard King :

> So, what do you think, is the hero of SIN CITY really dead or
>  will he return?

  Oh, Marv is dead, no doubt about it. But the various Sin City stories
aren't published in chronological order, which enables Frank Miller to show
him interacting with his other characters (usually in this bar). So read all
stories, and make a map of the appearances of the various characters - it all
makes sense, and creates a whole coherent (under)world.

> And what is THAT YELLOW BASTARD like?

  Probably the best Sin City mini-series, with the first one ! And possibly
even more depressing... But then again, I really love everything that Frank
Miller does, so I might be a poor judge. The only story I had some problems
was The Big Fat Kill.

  The mini-series are collected in soft and hardcover, and might be easier to
find for non-comics fans, but don't neglect the one-shots (Babe wore Red,
especially), which contain some pure jewels.

  If you're interested in B&W hardboiled comics, you could also check Bob
Layton's Armed & Dangerous, two mini-series and a one-shot, published by...
Acclaim.

Laurent
-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca