[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: Frank Miller's Sin City / Warren Murphy

I've been lurking in the shadows for about 2 months now and enjoying it.  But
I haven't seen mention of Frank Miller's Sin City.  This is a series of
"comic books" (or graphic novels/short stories) that are truly hard-boiled
stuff.  Set in the fictional Sin City and with a number of recurring
characters, they are well worth checking out.  The short stories are quite
good; the novels are terrific.

Published so far:

    Sin City
    The Babe Wore Red and Other Stories
    A Dame to Kill For
    The Big Fat Kill
    Silent Night
    That Yellow Bastard
    Lost, Lonely, & Lethal (short stories)
    Sex and Violence (short stories)

I would certainly like to hear from anyone else who has read these.

Ann Chambers Theis writes:
>Looks like Harlequin in coming out with Destroyer 107 (4/97)
>and Destroyer 108 (7/97) with credits to Murphy/Sapir.

Although Harlequin credits Murphy and Sapir with the Destroyer novels,
Richard Sapir died over a decade ago and I don't believe Murphy has written a
Destroyer in quite a while.  However, the last few Destroyers have been
copyrighted to M. C. Murphy.  My guess would be Molly Cochran Murphy herself.

Craig E. Thornton

-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca