Re: RARA-AVIS: bar noir

From: Brian Thornton (bthorntonwriter@gmail.com)
Date: 19 Jul 2009

    I just have to say this: NO, I don't "gotta love this joint."

    Talking about noir/hardboiled fiction is one thing entirely, and yes, I get it that violence is a part of hard-boiled/noir literature, and I further get it that literature is a reflection of the human condition, and I'm also fine with that, because it's *fiction*.

    But I just find it positively ghoulish to revel in actual real world violence such as that reported below.

    I hope every one of the victims, including the owner, makes a full and speedy recovery.

    All the Best-

    Brian