Re: RARA-AVIS: Women noir writers

From: vhend1234@aol.com
Date: 08 Apr 2005

Hi, Montois, Yes, Rivages is wonderful. Francois Guerif is my publisher in France also. I was invited to the Frontignan Noir Festival last June, when he was bringing out Sky Blues, and it was absolutely the most fun gathering of writers and readers. Unfortunately, many excellent sounding books were only available in French. Imagine a whole town celebrating noir for the entire weekend! Jason Starr, Joe Lansdale, and Craig Holden, gay mystery writer Michael Nava, and British, sometimes noir, writer Stella Duffy and I tried to hold our own on panels with translators, which didn't always work out the best, but if anybody noticed we couldn't tell! Vicki

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM