RARA-AVIS: Women noir writers

From: Steve Novak ( Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 07 Apr 2005

I would also mention Diana Ramsay from NYC who did the excellent¹ You can¹t call it murder¹, the frightenly violent ŒThe Dark Descends¹, ŒKillings Words¹...etc... to whom I was introduced by publisher & critic Fran篩s Gu鲩f many years ago as he had just published French translations of her books on his now defunct Red Label. Gu鲩f is the very successful director of the Rivages collection that publishes numerous authors and many US ones.

As a matter of fact I urge all interested by the subject of women polar writers to read this article ( http://www.selc.ed.ac.uk/arachnofiles/pages/one_desnain_main.htm#1) titled
³Le polar f魩nin? Contemporary crime writing by women in France² by V鲯nique Desnain from the U. of Edinburgh, UK, which tackles many comtemporary issues in female crime writing beyond simply the french authors it mentions. This excellent article is in English...(thank god...)

I give it here as an attachment also...

Montois de D鴲oit

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM