RARA-AVIS: Blood and Wine

From: McHale, Steve ( SMcHale@filenet.com)
Date: 10 Jul 2000

        Most of the critics disparaged the movie. I liked the movie a great deal. If someone told me that it was based on a story by Day Keene/Gil Brewer/John D. MacDonald, I would easily believe it. When you think about the big names of the actors, you might expect more from the movie - but in the tradition of the small time people portrayed by those Florida writers, the actors seemed just right. It was a Fawcett Gold Medal come to life.

        More opinions, please.