Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Small World

From: cooper ( jane@almaludo.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: 10 Jul 2000

From: Doug Bassett
...But I would like to at least have the opportunity to sample other countries' take ... I'm sure these translations would never be big sellers in the States -- but surely I can't be the only person interested in this idea? ...
(Snipped) Thank goodness for Do Not Press, Serpent's Tail,No Exit,Harvill et al, who I have to thank for letting me read many authors who aren't published by any of the big guys(over here anyway),like Wang Shuo,Pelecanos,Lansdale,Willard,Pennac.

Also Re; Critics, I don't know who this woman is and I'll be pleased to avoid her, but as HB and Crime generally only warrants a columns worth of reviews every so oft in my paper of choice(but done by Maxim Jacobosky), I tend to rely on that old favourite Crime Time for (fairly) objective reviews. Jane