Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS; Whassis like then? and "I Hate That Book"

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 24 Jan 2000

I've never been overly impressed with Westlake's Parker series -- the couple books I've read (THE JUGGER, something else) seemed to me to be oddly mechanical, routine exercises. Westlake's real forte, I think, is comedy, and I much prefer the Dortmunder series and the couple of Grofelds (LEMONS NEVER LIE, THE BLACKBIRD) I've read.

I have to say, though, that the recent discussion of Parker here has convinced me to give him another shot. Maybe I was in a weird mood those other two times or something.

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com