Re: RARA-AVIS: Recent purchases

Bruce Townley (btownley@sirius.com)
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 09:48:54 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 26 Nov 1999 at13:22 Doug Bassett sent: Recent purchases

>Richard Prather -- Kill Him Twice

It's been my experience that one can readily pick up Prather's books
(particularly the Shell Scott titles) at most used bookstores, thrift shops and library sales. The last two, typically, have the most reasonable prices, of course.

Guess the Shell Scotts were very popular in the 60s which means there's an abundance of used, and (so far) more or less low priced copies lying around now. Of course, it's hard <not> to like books bearing titles like SLAB HAPPY and DARLING, IT'S DEATH. The text within, generally, lives up to the fast moving, punchy promise of such titles.

Bruce T. = btownley@sirius.com

"Sure I live bad. But at least I don't have to work at it."

-SLACKER